Women’s Pelvic Floor Therapy & Wellness
When considering women’s pelvic health in general, how many times do we live with pain, inconvenience, or uncertainty about our own bodies simply because we think we have to?
You don’t have to settle for feeling less than your best. Your beautiful body has a unique way of communicating her needs. All we need to do is know how to listen to what she’s telling us and make little adjustments so that she feels amazing.
There is no one-size-fits-all in medicine. It’s all about creating a life of wellness that works for your body. It’s about getting to the root of your problem and finding the best path forward to get you back to living the life you love.
Women’s Pelvic Floor Therapy
Together we will create an individualized plan of care to address your concerns and work towards your goals of resolving a variety of pelvic floor dysfunction.
- Pelvic pain
- Pain with sex, pelvic exams, tampon insertion, etc.
- Urinary leakage or incontinence
- Hip/low back pain
- Pelvic Organ Prolapse (Cystocele, Rectocele, Enterocele, Urethrocele)
- Interstitial cystitis / painful bladder
- Tailbone pain
- And more
Manual Therapy – External and internal treatment technique options
Myofascial release, trigger point release, bony mobilizations, assisted stretching, soft tissue mobilization, and more.
Corrective Exercise – The body requires balance. Weak muscles in one area create tension, tightness, and pain in other areas. After assessing your individual body factors, you’ll receive an individualized exercise prescription just for you that addresses your strength and mobility needs.
Education – Learn all about your body, how it works, and what you can do to use your body more effectively in ways that lead to more balance and less pain. Education on alignment, posture, intra-abdominal pressure management, exercise, ergonomics, sexual function, anatomy, and breathing.
Cupping – Suction-based cupping improves circulation through tissue and muscles, gets rid of area toxins, and can be used to improve restrictions within tissues or joints.
When it comes to your birth experience, the best thing you can do is choose to prepare both your body and mind. While every pregnancy and delivery is different, there are many general birth prep strategies that are beneficial to all expectant mothers.
When considering your overall birthing experience, it is essential to learn about and understand all of your options to confidently make decisions that are best for you and your baby.
While it’s true that the only predictable thing about birth is that it’s unpredictable, and there are no guarantees that your labor will go the exact way you want it to, there are many things you can do throughout pregnancy to stack the cards in your favor for a smooth birth.
Learning about what is happening in your body, what to expect during labor and delivery, ways to connect to your core/pelvic floor during pregnancy, and strategies to care for and protect your body throughout pregnancy are all key elements to a smoother birth and optimal postpartum recovery.
Prenatal Wellness & Rehabilitation
Why Should You See a Pelvic Floor Therapist During Pregnancy?
Your body is changing so much as you grow your little babe! So many women accept pain, discomfort, and pelvic dysfunction as an unavoidable part of pregnancy.
But – that doesn’t have to be your reality!
Prenatal Pelvic Floor Therapy can help you:
- Strengthen and protect your core during pregnancy
- Better support your body and your growing baby
- Relieve back, neck, and hip pain
- Relieve sciatic nerve pain
- Maximize mobility as your body changes
- Pre-hab your body for birth
- Release any fascial, ligament, or muscular tension that may restrict the pelvic mobility needed for birth – helping to prevent labor stalls and leading to a smoother delivery
- Train your pelvic floor to move out of the way during labor and delivery
- Help prevent common postpartum issues like prolapse, pelvic pain, diastasis recti, and incontinence
Postpartum Wellness & Rehabilitation
Your body is the best guide to your unique postpartum healing journey. Find a balance between rest and recovery, at your own pace, in a way that’s healthiest for your body.
Postpartum Recover Includes:
- Caring for your mental health
- Getting plenty of rest and nutrition
- Adapting to life with a newborn
- Modifying everyday activities as your body heals
- Learning safe strategies and ergonomics for moving throughout your day as your body heals and recovers
- Continuing to focus on core strength and mobility to prevent injury and maximize healing
- Addressing scars, tearing, and other physical trauma
- Safely return to physical activity slowly and at your own pace
- Cesarean recovery and scar management
- Addressing prolapse
- Pain with breastfeeding
- Hip/back/neck pain
- Upper extremity pain – including “mommy thumb”, carpal tunnel, and thoracic outlet syndrome
- Helping re-align your pelvis and get it out of the common “open birthing pattern” that leads to strain and tension in the pelvic floor muscles which causes leakage, prolapse, and pain
Pregnancy, labor, and delivery take a toll on your body. You deserve detailed care and guidance throughout the postpartum healing so you can heal correctly and prevent pain and dysfunction for years to come. You deserve to feel great!